Thursday 12 February 2015

Bombay !!

Seeing it in the movies, hearing rave things from people around, I was always fascinated by the thought of visiting Bombay. I had a lot of chances to be there, but it never happened. Maybe someone up there was working on a plan, And finally, after 22 years of existence and more than a decade-old fascination, things finally came together, and here I was bag-packing.

But this was pure-chance. The trip wasn't in my head even 2 days back. Come New Year '15, seeing an European On-Site opportunity crushed, job going nowhere, friends having other plans for the long weekend. Hell bent on leaving the city and getting some fresh air, out of the blues, came the idea of going solo.

Solo Trips always confused me, seeing other's experiences on different travel blogs, and thinking "How can it be so good without friends","What do people do all day, don't they get bored", etc. Anyways, because of so much negativity around, something had to be done, and the search for a destination began. One day I'm like Auroville is a good place, other day is like Headout to Goa and find your answers. Then came 22nd Jan, and as usual destination search was on, and there was a beautiful snap of Victoria Terminal, and it striked "THIS HAS TO BE THE PLACE",  This was a chance to kill two birds with a stone. I can have a perfect trip, and also can visit my Grandparents place. It couldnt get better. So the buses were booked, bags packed, and all set to travel to the "Maya-Nagri".

But as the saying goes, " no great success was ever achieved without fare" or something like that, it wasnt easy. As I reached Kalasipalyam (where the bus had to be boarded), where the worst thing was waiting. The bus is cancelled, and next trip is next morning. Getting a refund, I stormed out of the place, looking for other options. Things shaped out real bad when every other dealer were charging 2.5 times the normal fare. Feeling frustrated, search for a eating joint began. During the dinner, thinking about the situation, flight was the only plausible option. Hesitantly, I looked for them, to my luck (and some discount voucher), I got a great deal, and here I was all-set for trip, Reaching home, we celebrated till the dawn, as the flight was for next morning.

Bidding adieu to friends, with an un-explainable adrenaline-rush, the flight was boarded, after crisp one-and-a-half hour, and a super-power nap, I was there, at the "Home to Indian Cinema", "Financial Capital", "City which never Sleeps". Stepping into the city, I could feel a different energy around the place, a chill that one feels while reaching home, i knew this would be unforgettable.
I reached Malad, where my folks stayed. During the way, I was told a little history and working of the city, be it the concept of Bombay Locals or the difference between North-South and East-West. After a huge breakfast at home(including the famous "Vada-Pav") and planning out the first day, I was all set to have an Unexpected Adventure ;)
I'll write about the trip experiences in subsequent posts. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment